Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Will Become President - Bulgaria - I Was Told In 1968 - Sofia News Agency

*In homage that will Czech playwright,dissidentand past President with theCzech RepublicandCzechoslovakiaVaclav Havel, an important factor figure within Eastern Europe's post-communist transition, exactly who flushed at a distance with December 18, 2011, the article crew connected with Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) along with Novinite.bg is offering for your particular attention a reprint with Havel's very first actually interview for the Bulgarian mass media made by past Bulgarian journalistMaxim Behar, subsequently that Managing Editor with the Standart Daily, in addition to today a number one PR expert.

The job interview was posted on June 20, 1994, inside the Standart Daily, as well as inMaxim Behar's reserve "Secondary Instinct" in October 2000.

Vaclav Havel: I Was Told within 1968, "You Must Become President"

Vaclav Havel(1936-2011) President ofCzechoslovakiafrom 1989 right until 1992 and also of theCzech Republicfrom 1993 right until 2003. A well-known Czech playwright along with intellectual, one of many creators of these studies of "Charter 77". He appeared to be jailed 3 times regarding opposition activity throughout the communist period. He is usually a co-founder from the Civic Forum connections right after this "Velvet Revolution" by the end involving 1989.

Mr. Havel, does one remember who seem to earliest informed you that you'll turn into president?

I seen this for that beginer within 1968 while I published a piece of text in a literary newspaper. The same day I discovered my buddy Honza Tsiska through the river. He told me: "Vaclav, the following write-up can be perfect. You should become a president."

How did people react back then?

We both laughed and gone for any drink. After that will I ended up being told again that will I should be president. It is at prison wherever and not using a doubt most of criminals saw me seeing that the near future president.

The criminals?

Well, yes. For them, we, the actual political prisoners, had been something like another solution government, and they also thought of us together with great respect. As i was shaving one morning, a buddy told me, "Listen, people can be president sometime but I would like that will consult everyone something. You are generally far too soft. Before everyone receive formally elected, give my home some days to help settle many records considering the full communist lot, after which it you may govern."

You decided not to give the pup of which chance?

Thank God, I didn't.

And then?

Then, many several years following a discussion previous to your washing up bowl emerged the particular dramatic 1989, plus I imagine of which Mihal Kocab had been the primary which drawn me into the part while in the concert "Na Zabradli" to make sure me in which I should admit grow to be president. For the 3rd time in warring I required them like a joke however two days afterwards it turned out very little lengthier fiction simply because they started to help communicate significantly concerning the item at the particular Civic Forum. After which I ended up being with one voice chosen president through the communist parliament, along with I seemed to be the first non-communist chief executive in the entireSoviet Bloc.

No comments:

Post a Comment